Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply only to orders placed via the Furniturebox website or via telephone orders placed directly with ourselves. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to any other selling platform that Furniturebox may sell on.
Your continued use of this website constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions which shall also govern all transactions on the website or over the telephone to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions.
Monty Trading Ltd (Furniturebox) reserve the right to change these terms and conditions on occasion without notice to you and any changes will take effect on the day they are posted. Any changes will be posted on this section of the website so please ensure you keep up to date with changes and read the terms and conditions carefully.
Upon completing an order you will be requested to confirm you have read and accept these terms and conditions and therefore it is very important to ensure you do. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our Online team by emailing [email protected] or calling us on 01747 863333, we will be more than happy to help.
Placing An Online Order
Our website offers information on our products and the ability to place your order of such products. It is vitally important that you carefully read all product specifications and descriptions before ordering to ensure you have measured your space correctly and are sure of the product you are going to order.
Order acceptance will take place only when we confirm your order via email (or via verbal confirmation on the phone if a phone order is placed), unless you cancel your order in accordance with our terms as below, or we do not accept it or later cancel the order in accordance with our terms below.
Once you are happy with your order and have selected the right colour/size etc you will then be taken to our cart where you can pay via card, PayPal or via our finance provider. For card payments it is very important that you ensure your billing address is correct. If your billing address is not correct, then payment will not be taken and your order will not be authorised.
We reserve the right to not accept your order or to cancel your order if any of the following apply:
- We have been unable to process your payment, or a bank or merchant service provider later cancels payment (this includes if your billing address is incorrect).
- Payment has been made fraudulently or by illegal means.
- The goods are unavailable from our stock.
- The item/s are no longer available from the manufacturer.
- We have made an error in pricing or product description.
- We do not supply to your address.
If you believe that your order has been cancelled unfairly or cancellation has occurred for any other reason than of those stated above, then please contact us.
All items, unless highlighted otherwise, are dispatched with a 24-hour delivery service and are usually delivered next day, however there can be exceptions where parcels are delayed. If you do not want next day delivery and want a delayed date or Saturday delivery, you will be able to select your own delivery date using our delivery calendar at checkout. If you are unsure of your delivery date, then please contact us.
If you do not select a delivery date on the delivery calendar your items will be dispatched on a next working day delivery. You as the customer will be responsible for ensuring that the delivery date is convenient for you and you will have someone available to accept delivery on that date. Please note that we use an independent courier service for all deliveries.
Next day delivery is for working business days Monday to Friday with the cut off time for next day delivery being 1PM.
Our couriers operate an all-day (8-6pm) delivery service with an ETA often not available to us, however if you provide a valid mobile number with your order text alerts and updates will be sent to you. These updates include information on delivery date and how to track your order. With some couriers this also includes an ETA text however please note this does not apply to all orders.
We advise that if you cannot be in for the whole day and need to go out please let us know so we can either re-arrange a more convenient delivery date for you, or if you would like the item to be left in a safe place/with a neighbour we can also arrange this for you.
Please note for deliveries unfortunately our couriers are only authorised to take items to the front of the building and therefore cannot take items inside your home or upstairs/lifts to your specific flat, we are very sorry about this! We advise if the items are heavy or you may have trouble transporting these to your flat to ensure someone can be in to assist you with this. Some 2 man delivery items for Beds and Sofa's will be taken to your room of choice, please see the delivery info on the product page to see if the item has a 2 man delivery service.
Please also note that our free delivery only applies to mainland England, Wales and parts of Scotland. For delivery to the Highland (including AB postcodes) and Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly please contact us as there are surcharges for these delivery locations. Deliveries to surcharge regions will often take slightly longer to arrive.
In addition to the above please see below further information on our delivery Terms and Conditions:
- It is your responsibility to check that there is suitable access to your property, if the courier cannot access your property and consequently the items are not delivered, we cannot be held responsible for this.
- From time to time there can be delivery delays with our independent courier. We know how disappointing this can be and we will do our upmost to ensure this does not occur. If there are known delays with your order we will try to call using the number provided and failing this we will email you. Furniturebox will not be liable for any late or missed delivery or any loss of earnings.
- You must provide us with working contact details so that we can contact you on the delivery date, failure to do so can lead to delays with your delivery. If we request updated contact information and we do not hear back from you within 4 working days we reserve the right to cancel your order.
- You must check your order confirmation email to make sure we have your correct delivery address. If your delivery address is incorrect you must inform us before dispatch has occurred. If you do not inform us before dispatch has occurred this will cause delays and could lead to an additional charge/return cost.
- You must provide us with directions if your address is difficult to find.
- For security reasons, a signature is required upon receipt of your order. If you cannot be in for your delivery you must let us know straight away. If you cannot have an authorised adult available at your property to sign for the delivery and a neighbour is not available for some couriers items can be left safe, however this has to be requested by the customer and then confirmed by Furniturebox, without this confirmation orders cannot be left safe. We request confirmation is sent via email form. If the customer has requested for items to be left safe the customer is liable for any loss/theft.
- Once the goods have been delivered to your specified shipping address, you become the owner and are responsible for those goods. From the point of acceptance of goods, they will be at your risk which means you will be held liable for any subsequent damage, loss or destruction.
- Should you fail to be in for your delivery on 2 or more occasions a redelivery fee will incur before the next attempt can be made. After 3 delivery attempts the items will be returned to us by our courier and you will be charged for the delivery.
- Should you refuse a delivery attempt from the courier with the items being returned to us, then you will be charged £25.00 for the return back to us.
Find out more about delivery and shipping.
Cooling Off Period (Applicable To Online Orders Only)
Under the Consumer Rights Act of 2015, you are entitled to cancel your contract, but only if you exercise this right no longer than 14 days after the day on which goods are received. This is the statutory cooling off period. After this period has expired there is no right to cancel. Items cannot be returned or cancelled after the 14-day cooling off period unless the item is confirmed as being defective.
Please refer to the delivery section above on made to order items which will state if you are unable to cancel the item if you change your mind. This applies to some made-to-order items listed on our site.
The 14 days cooling offer period enables you to inspect the goods and to verify your choice. As such it is not a period where you can or should make normal use of the furniture, the furniture must be ‘as new’ condition. If you do use the furniture and then wish to return the items within 14 days we may require an additional payment from you to reflect the deterioration in the condition of the furniture since it has been in your home and to reflect that the item will be ‘returned stock’. The payment will be evaluated on a case by case basis and will be advised at point of cancellation.
Under UK law, the statutory cooling off period excludes the below:
- Bespoke items. These are goods that have been ordered to the unique and exact specifications of a customer.
- Pillows or mattress protectors that have been taken out of their sealed packaging.
- Mattresses or divans beds that have been used.
- Self-assembly items that have been damaged during assembly.
- Semi-fitted wardrobes assembled by us will warrant a variable cancellation charge on a case by case basis.
In order to exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us in writing via email including your order number as part of your correspondence. You may also call to discuss cancellation however you will need to follow this call up with an email confirming. The cancellation is effective from the date you send us the email.
If you decide to cancel after receipt of the items, you are responsible for returning the goods to us in new condition. You are the owner of the furniture once it has been delivered to you. Failure to take reasonable care of the goods may result in a claim against you. To minimise this risk, please ensure that you pack the goods exactly as received when you return them to us to prevent any damage during transportation.
Furniturebox will always offer to book in a collection for the customer. Should you wish to return the items yourself this is not a problem however you must notify us and you will be held fully accountable for any courier damage occurred. This must be done within 14 days of notification of your decision to cancel the contract.
If you cancel/return your order we will refund the price you paid for the items. Note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by you handling them in a way which would not be permitted in one of our stores or if the returned Goods have not been looked after by you with reasonable care and are not in the condition that they were in when they were delivered to you, we reserve the right to deduct from your refund any loss of value to the goods as a result of your use or damage. We will also refund any delivery costs you have paid via Furniturebox. We cannot refund or accept any responsibility for additional cost such as professional assembly or further delivery cost/service outside of those offered by our company.
Please note we can only issue a refund to the same payment method originally used. If you change your payment method, or the used payment method is no longer valid you will need to resolve this with your bank. Refunds will be made to a credit or debit card or PayPal and may take up to 10 working days depending on your bank. For further clarification on timings, please contact your card issuer.
Important - Please note that under the Consumer Contract Regulations a tailor-made to order item, once ordered, cannot be cancelled if you change your mind either before, during or after delivery.
We do understand that there may be occasions where things change and at our sole-discretion only, we will consider a cancellation of the order, but there would be a deduction from the order of 40% of the item's purchase price, plus any costs for its collection and / or return (if it has already been delivered, or a delivery has been attempted to you or the item has been given to the courier for a delivery to you). These costs are the minimum that would be charged and would be deducted from your refund.
The cancellation notice must be received by us either before your delivery or at the very latest within 14 days of the receipt of your order and the goods must then be returned by you within a further 14 days. Please note the cancellation charge applies even if you cancel before you receive your order.
Please also note that in addition to this - for mattresses - once the protective wrapper has been removed from the mattress, these cannot be returned if you then subsequently change your mind about the item.
If for whatever reason the item arrives damaged or faulty, we will arrange collection of this and a replacement will be sent out free of charge. Alternatively, if you wish to receive a full refund and a return of the items we can also arrange this for you.
Any damage on an item must be brought to our attention within 7 days of receipt.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of receiving your order. If an item is damaged/faulty we may require images of this to be assessed by one of our team to see if we can help!
Unfortunately after 30 days we cannot accept returns for a full refund, however we can arrange to have a replacement piece sent out to you should your product be received in a damaged/faulty condition. If the product is not damaged or faulty and you wish to return a set after 30 days unfortunately this is not possible.
Please note returns cannot be accepted without the original packaging for the items so please make sure you inspect the items before throwing the packaging away!
If you would like to return an item please contact us and we will arrange this for you!
How long will my refund take?
If we have been unable to resolve your problem for you or if you simply want to return the items a refund will be processed as soon as the items are received back with us (typically two working days).
For full returns terms and conditions see our returns page.
Prices & Payment
- All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered, plus any delivery charges.
- We accept the following payment methods: credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Debit cards only), BACs transfer in to our account or PayPal.
- Our prices are subject to change without notice, therefore we cannot guarantee our prices for any duration. Once an order has been placed and goods received we are not obliged to offer compensation for any price changes which happen thereafter.
All our products come with a 1 year manufacturers’ guarantee unless otherwise stated. For full details please visit our guarantee page.
Content & Copyright
- We take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions, dimensions, images and prices appearing on the website and in emails/calls are correct. From time to time there may be small errors and any errors shall be subject to correction without liability.
- Photographs are usually very accurate as we take all images using our exact product however the main use for the photos is for illustrative purpose only and it is possible they may not exactly match the product itself.
- All content on our Furniturebox site, including description, pages and images, is protected by UK copyright law. Anyone found to be using this content without our permission will be asked to remove it and could be prosecuted.